At W3, we are taking the safety of our members and staff very seriously! Before allowing any member to enter W3 again for Phase 3, we disinfected every piece of equipment in the gym, that includes every riser, dumbbell, weight plate, kettlebell, etc.
We are following Illinois’ Department of Public Health’s guidelines for health and fitness centers and for staff. Below are the precautions we are taking as a gym to ensure that we provide the safest environment possible:
- Wellness and temperature checks for staff before every shift
- Required shoe change upon entry
- Hand sanitizer available at the front desk, each office and throughout the gym
- Plexy glass to shield staff and clients from close contact
- Masks are required to be worn by staff
- Staff training on COVID-19 monitoring and cleaning procedures
- Cleaning of high-tough areas every hour by staff
- Cleaning machines daily
- Professional cleaning nightly
- Signage throughout the gym to instruct washing hands, disinfecting, wear to walk for one-way areas.
Inside the gym, we are allowing members to workout with a maximum of 10 women in the gym at one time (appointments made via our user-friendly Member app), personal training as well as outdoor classes!
For Members, we are requiring each member to sign the agreement for new rules that we have in place that include:
- wiping down all machines/equipment before and after use utilizing the various cleaning stations we have placed throughout the gym that have paper towels and hospital-grade disinfecting spray.
- Wear face covering upon entry and exit; while working out is optional but must maintain 10ft distance at all times. Cardio machines are already blocked off and moved to maintain proper distancing.
- Change shoes upon entry.
- Bring as few personal items as possible. Any bags or purses must be kept in the locker room.
- No shower, sauna or water fountain access during Phase 3.
- No congregating in the locker room or in the gym.
- Temperature checks upon entry.
- Hand sanitization upon entry and exit.
- Wash hands thoroughly after using the restroom.
- Entry is through the back; exit is through the front to discourage members passing each other.
- Stay home if you’ve exhibited any symptoms in the last 14 days.
- Mats and boxing gloves are no longer provided by W3; please bring your own for sanitary purposes.
We reserve the right to revoke the privilege of entering our gym if the rules are not being adhered to and/or the member is exhibiting symptoms.