Get Results & Have Fun with W3′s Functional Training in a Small Group Setting
W3’s all new Small Group Personal Training is in full swing. Small Group Training allows our members to workout with a certified personal trainer without the huge cost normally associated with hiring a Trainer! We cross the small group setting with a fun, high impact functional training workout for amazing results!
In groups of up to 12, our members get to experience an atmosphere that is competitive but friendly, fun but results-oriented, AND receive the benefit of a Personal Trainer at a rate that won’t break your budget.
Contact us today for more information on our functional training classes, or fill out the form on the right to get a free 5-day pass to the location of your choice!
Get in Shape with “Real Life” Exercises through Functional Training
By incorporating functional training in a small group training atmosphere, you’re helping your body to “function” better in everyday life, doing every day tasks. Training functionally means that you’ll use movements that imitate, in some way, your regularly used movements and body positions – strengthening your body and improving overall fitness in daily life.
*Fitness Fact: The functional training method has roots in rehabilitation therapy and is used daily in rehab, sports, and physical therapy establishments.
Now that we’ve completed our first year of our functional training program, results are speaking for themselves. Members are raving about the program and can’t seem to get enough of it!
So what makes our program so successful?
- It’s built around two solid goals and principles: RESULTS and FUN.
- We create an atmosphere of fun, camaraderie, and friendly competition through group interaction, high fives, partner exercises and a “big finish” at the end of each session for a last pop of energy.
- We advocate for educated trainers who understand body mechanics, physiology, progressions, and injury protection.
- Our trainers are extremely passionate about fitness and are known as some of the best motivators around.
- We educate our members not just on HOW to execute a move, but explain what the benefits are, which muscle group(s) it works, what modifications can be used and what progressions to add to step it up a notch.
- Our education of members extends to explaining how and why a given workout is chosen for the day.
A Sneak Peak into our Small Group Personal Training
Check out our Functional Training video at the top of this page for a sneak peak at an actual class. Below are some descriptions of the type of exercises you can expect.
Functional Training Exercise Examples
If you have small children, you’re often bending over to pick them up and put them down numerous times a day. There’s not exactly a machine on the circuit to cover that range of motion, so your Trainer may have you lift a sandbag from a squatting position, place it on a shelf and then repeat the movement in the opposite direction. Trainers can add progression to add strength and increase the fun factor by getting your group involved with high-fiving or some kind of interaction after every 5 reps.
How often do you carry groceries or shopping bags from the car, up the stairs and into your home? We do it all the time, so why not train our bodies to handle that type of movement using heavy weights? Our trainers often set up plyometric boxes and have our members hold kettle bells, walking up the boxes, setting them down, and walking back down.
Other functional equipment that we utilize in our workouts and routines are ropes, val slides, Bosu balls, medicine balls, resistance bands, and slam balls.